Asbestos is a group of natural mineral fibers that possess chemical and fire-resistant properties. It is beneficial in different industries like fireproofing, insulation, and sound absorption. The fiber of asbestos comes in different colors, including green, gray, brown, blue, and white. Asbestos is known to have harmful effects on human health. If you own an older building, you must take action to avoid potential problems in the future. Hiring a reliable Asbestos Testing Company in Baltimore is the best thing to do.
Harmful Effects of Asbestos
Despite its usefulness, asbestos brings harmful effects on human health. Asbestos fibers can break down to small particles and become airborne. If you inhale these particles, it can remain in your lungs. What’s worse is that it can lead to serious diseases like the following:
- Small pleural effusions or collection of fluid around your lung
- Lung cancer
- Mesothelioma which is a rare cancer on the abdominal linings and chest
- Asbestosis that can lead to permanent damage to your lungs or scarring a tissue in your lung
- Pleural plaques which can create scarring in the lining of your lungs
- Other cancers like those of oropharynx, larynx, kidney, and gastrointestinal tract
If not given immediate attention, asbestos exposure can worsen your health as well as your family’s. How can you ensure the safety of your family against asbestos? You do it by seeking the help of an Asbestos Testing Company in Baltimore.
Why Is Asbestos Testing Important?
As mentioned before, asbestos is dangerous for the health of humans. With the help of an Asbestos Testing Company in Baltimore, you can have better prevention against the negative effects of asbestos.
When asbestos fibers are airborne, they can be easily inhaled by someone. Therefore, you must solve the problem early. Through asbestos testing, you can easily determine if asbestos is in your home. This is the best way to reduce risk of exposure.
Asbestos testing is helpful in identifying the location of asbestos in your home. With that, you can remove it and have peace of mind from its potential hazards. Your health is important, so don’t risk it with asbestos exposure.
Asbestos Sources in Your House
You may not be aware of it, but there are potential sources of asbestos in your home. These include the following:
- Duct and pipe insulation: The hot water and steam heating ducts in your household may be encapsulated with insulating blankets that contain asbestos. In addition, if there is a crack in the outer coating, it can result in contamination of asbestos into the air.
- Home insulation: The area between the wooden studs in your ceilings and walls come with insulation for heat retention in your home. Since the insulation comes with residential insulation properties, it is prone to flaking, which can cause asbestos buildup.
- Wallpaper: Your curled wallpapers on the edges of your home can be easily removed. However, it is advisable to test the wallpaper for asbestos to ensure the safety of your family. The older vinyl wallpaper in your house may contain a toxic substance, especially asbestos.
- Ceiling tiles: Ceiling tiles are easy to install. They are excellent for soundproofing, making it the most commonly used materials in homes, specifically on the basements. Asbestos tiles are harmful to your health. You must immediately conduct asbestos testing in your home.
Prevention of Asbestos Exposure
Asbestos inhalation can lead to serious illnesses, which can cost your time, money, or even your life. Therefore, you must be responsible for preventing exposure to asbestos to keep you and your family healthy.
Asbestos testing services are effective solutions to avoid exposure to asbestos. Trained professionals will have the best equipment for testing to determine the exact location of the harmful substance in your home.
There are lots of Asbestos Testing companies in Baltimore, so you must carefully hire the right one that can meet your needs.
Choosing the Best Asbestos Testing Company in Baltimore
By hiring the best asbestos testing company in Baltimore, you have peace of mind that the location of asbestos in your home will be identified in the best possible manner. Additionally, they can also give you a detailed report about the result of the testing procedure.
With this, you can also determine the right solutions and approach on how to remove the asbestos in your property. There are lots of asbestos testing services in the market, which could make it challenging for you to hire one that fits your needs. To give you some idea, the following are essential factors in hiring the best asbestos testing service.
- Insured and Licensed: If you don’t want to experience scam, fraud, and other forgeries, make sure to hire an insured and licensed asbestos testing company. It is important to make sure that the time, effort, as well as the hard-earned budget you invest in them are all worth it.
- Quality Service: As a homeowner, you always want to get a quality service from real experts. To get the best company, you must search for the quality of their asbestos testing service. You can ask their past customers about the quality of their work.
- Cutting Edge Equipment: The equipment used in the asbestos testing process is a major factor in making quality results. Make sure to hire a company that utilizes the latest technology and equipment for their asbestos testing service. More importantly, they must know how to use the equipment in determining the location of asbestos in your area.
- Timely Service: You must also prefer companies that deliver their service on time. Credible and professional asbestos testing service providers usually offer timely service. Thus, they value the time of their customers.
- Practical Cost: You must also hire a company that offers their asbestos testing service at a practical cost. They should have a reasonable price for the quality of their work.
By following these tips, you can find the right Asbestos Testing Company in Baltimore that will solve your asbestos exposure problems.
Do you want to get the best asbestos testing service? If yes, you can refer to Bella Restoration. We can provide you with comprehensive asbestos testing that can help you prevent asbestos exposure. With our years of experience in the service, we’ve mastered the most effective techniques to produce the best results in asbestos testing. We have a well-experienced and knowledgeable team that can perform the testing in the best way.
Don’t risk your family’s and your health. What are you waiting for? Call Bella Restoration today at (410) 229-9909 or visit our website at https://bellarestoration.net/asbestos-abatement/.